The Cameronian Field Preaching Site at Brockloch in Penninghame Parish
‘Brocklock or Brockloch. A small arable hill in the top of which is a hollow where Cameronians or Covenanters assembled for worship during the Persecution.’ (OS Name Book 1846.)
Brockloch lies in Penninghame parish close to the River Bladnoch. The river is western boundary of the parish with Kirkcowan. Penninghame was probably the parish where the Society people were most active in Wigtownshire.
Text © Copyright Dr Mark Jardine. All Rights Reserved.